The soaring competitive pressure asks for a drastic optimization of business processes. To achieve this, production variance, failures, scrap rates, process lead times, and costs need to be reduced and the processes need to be realigned clearly customer-oriented. „Lean Six Sigma,“ as a synthesis of the methodologies „Six Sigma“ and „Lean Production“, is widely used in the producing industry very seuccessfully since 2000. The objective of this training is the qualifi cation as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and ends with a successfully passed exam. After the exam the participants may start with a Continuous Improvement (CI) project using the „Lean Six Sigma“ methods to become certified Green Belts. Admission to the Black Belt training is guaranteed.
Professionals, experts and managers e.g. engineers, researchers, business economists, technicians from part procucing industrial companies as well as from the service sector like banks and insurance companies who want to contribute to the optimization of business or production processes.
This training demonstrates the benefi ts of the CI method „Lean Six Sigma“, its power and application fields, and enables the participants to plan and conduct Lean Sigma projects self-dependently.
- What is Lean Management?
- What is Six Sigma? Relation to quality standards
- DMAIC Problem solving cycle
- Job distribution / roles within Lean Sigma projects
Define and Measure
- Identify customer requirements
- Describe and visualize processes (Value Stream Mapping)
- Define key metics for measurement of the process
Analyze, Improve, Control
- 7 types of wastes, cause and effect analysis
- Process capability and statistic process control (SPC)
- Lean elements: 5S, Poka Yoke, TPM, SMED,
- 1-piece-flow, Kanban
- Basics of project and change management
- Exam / certification
- For the certification an exam must be taken (multiple choice) and a
- CI-project using the DMAIC approach needs to be conducted. Both
exam and project approval will be given by inspire.
Presentation of the methodology, and its tools, acquisition of practical experience by means of simulation cases, examples, applications of selected tools, discussion of Lean Sigma projects and issues of participants.
The participants learn from experienced trainers the possibilitites of Lean (Six) Sigma as well as the application of the Lean Sigma tools in projects.
The participants receive the necessary knowledge to setup compnay processes customer-oriented and to optimize them e.g. by reducing the Process Lead Times (PLT) or by reducing the scrap and failure rates. The project coaching for the certifi cation and the certification itself will be billed separately.
Dr. Ing., MBA
Master Black Belt
Quality Manager EOQ
Henry A. Waldner
- Training duration: 5 days + exam day
- Training dates: see below ("Anmeldung")
- Training times: 08:30 -17:30
c/o ETH Zürich
min. 6 / max. 12 persons
Exam fee: CHF 410.-
Fr. Karin Schuchter
Tel. +41 44 556 58 18
Please note our general conditions for further education.
Hint: If above registration form fails please register using this Excel sheet